Solution export error, check SLA’s

Recently I had an issue where all of a sudden, a solution would not export from the development environment, even though it was previously fine, and as far as I knew, it had not changed.  Dynamics would throw a very unhelpful error, with no details of what went wrong.

I tried creating a new solution, and adding the exact same components and that one also failed, so I knew it was not the solution itself, but its contents.

After a bit of trial and error, I discovered that it was the SLA’s that were causing the issue.  Turns out that it was because one of the SLA’s had not been activated.  Never thought it needed to be, but in this case, it was causing an issue.

So, if it ever happens to you, make that one of the first things you check, it might save you some time.

This was a version 8.2 on premise install, but I didn’t have access to the actual server.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.